“I have been involved in the arts for over 30 years, starting my career at Poole Arts Centre, and now based in Dartington…….”
Phone: 07909 621438
9 Droridge Dartington, Devon TQ9 6JQ
About Jeremy Holloway
Jeremy Holloway has been involved in the arts for over 40 years having started off his career at Poole Arts Centre (now called The Lighthouse) in Poole, Dorset where his responsibilities included administrating the letting and setting up of the centre’s galleries and studios as well as helping out in the Wessex Concert Hall and Towngate Theatre. Highlights included working with the likes of David Jason, Tina Turner and Michael Jackson!
Having trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School Jeremy went on to tour with theatre companies all over the UK as an ASM, DSM, Stage Manager and Production Manager. Excellent training for planning, scheduling and developing people skills.
After a spell outside of theatre (but still involved in the arts) Jeremy undertook some television work; Casualty, House of Elliot and Inspector Wycliffe as well as Noel’s House Party all featured a certain Jeremy Friday, as he is known professionally. At this time Jeremy also diversified in to 2D and 3D art as well as Live Art and other such interventions. Jeremy also decided to go back to college and undertook his degree in 2006 at Dartington College of Arts, a move that has set Jeremy up to administrate all means of arts practices. Jeremy’s degree was in Arts and Cultural Management and was followed by a Masters in Arts Management in 2010.
Recent Administration Projects
- Undertaking an evaluation for both Arts Council England and Dorchester Town Council looking at the economic impact of the Dorchester Town Festival on the town of Dorchester
- Event Manager for the Art Farm Project at Rocombe Farm near Newton Abbot which saw 47 artists respond to the environment of an empty farm
- Helping to conceive and manage the TRAIL project that sees sculptures made out of recycled materials placed in the flower beds of Teignmouth and Dawlish in South Devon
- Book-keeper for Blazing Tales Ltd on projects such as The Exe-pedition and The Memory Project
- Setting up the “Short Shrifts” Theatre Company and acting as it’s administrator
- Administrator for Peter Oswald’s play “Lucifer Saved” which played in Devon as well as at London’s Lion and Unicorn Theatre
- Setting up and running Transient Theatre company overseeing an application to the Arts Council for a project to establish a “Performance Shop” in a disused shop in Paignton
- Managing the accounts for the Redwing Gallery in Penzance during and after their awarding of £40,000 from a crowd-funding campaign
- Fundraising for the Transition Town Totnes Film Festival which takes place in November 2018
- Jeremy is currently secretary of the Devon and Cornwall Equity branch and director of Ratchet Theatre Company Ltd.
- Introducing circus to the repertoire
- Introducing a card payment scheme
- Increasing the dance provision including a weekly dance workshop for gifted dancers
- Creating links with Falmouth University Arts and Events Management, Acting and Digital courses / tutors
- Creating a link with the Redwing Gallery in Penzance to introduce a permanent exhibition of local artists’ work
- Overseeing the inaugural Cornish Language Festival
- Establishing “Sunday Nights In”, a weekly evening rotation of “Film and Debate”, Life Drawing, experimental theatre and “Writing for the Stage”
- Setting up a consortium of South West based theatres / arts centres
- Joining the Penzance Chamber of Commerce
- Partnering with “What’s on Cornwall”
- I was also part of the discussions to run the annual “Golowan” festival and the intermittent “Pirate Festival”
A large part of Jeremy’s life has involved working in a freelance capacity and part of this has seen Jeremy set up and run his own theatre companies. The first of these was Transient Theatre Company Ltd. This oversaw a project which created 30 performing arts workshops / performances in 30 days in an empty shop in Paignton, Devon. Jeremy is currently a director of Ratchet Theatre Company Ltd, a company set up to oversee a South-West tour and London run of Philip Ridley’s play “Dark Vanilla Jungle”.
This is just one of the many reports that I have authored over the years.
Any other questions? Please Contact Me